Contact

Blogs I Like

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

My Little Experiment

Many of my readers questioned whether I was joking when I ran the piece concerning legislation to ban Republicans from adopting. For them I can answer that I was not joking. Nor was I sincere in my reporting.

That article was a social experiment. How often do we read articles that are incomplete, but fail to question whether what they tell us is true?

Now this was an easy one for people to identify as poorly written. But journalists often do the same thing. However it is much more difficult to recognize the fallacies in their writing (This is not a piece lamblasting the MSM). It is up to the reader to make an informed decision. Too often we take what we read at face value. This can be applied to almost every topic printed about the goings-on in government.

In my experiment, 10 people commented. Each referred to this as a response to the bill against adoptions by gay/ lesbian couples. But that was only part of what I was looking for in my experiment. I wanted to see if anybody would link to the bill itself (HB 515). Nobody did that. The best somebody did was link to another media story on the subject.

My point to all this. Information can be dangerous when used in an unsafe manner. The stories we write about have the ability to shape the way people make decisions such as voting. Too often do we give second hand reporting or put our own views in lew of the facts when we write.

Sorry to those who want to read the post from yesterday. It was never intended to stay up for more than a day. Here is the link from which it was derived from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Political Party Blogs


politics and

Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory

Powered by Blogger

Copyright 2007 ©. Politicalnut.com All Rights Reserved."