Contact

Blogs I Like

Friday, February 24, 2006

Liberal Theory: Conservative Women are Closet Lefties

Gun Toting Liberal made this remark on the virtual silence of the conservative blogosphere.

"Here is why I think the popular right wing bloggers are remaining largely silent on whether or not this was the right thing for the South Dakota lawmakers to do: if a large number of voices from the right were to begin weighing in with "yeah, let's ban all abortions" type opinions, you can just kiss the Republican Party and the conservative movement goodbye. It would amount to political suicide for them because I firmly believe that countless conservative women would suddenly move away from the Republican agenda to stand solidly with the left to defend a woman's right to choose."

I think this statement is an insult to conservative women who believe in family values. Furthermore I think he sees a fragility in the conservative movement that isn't there. What does he base his conclusions on? Had his hypothesis been even remotely correct President Bush would never had been elected let alone been elected let alone re-elected.

My thought as to why there hasn't been a lot of noise from conservatives on this matter. Because nothing's happened yet. We're waiting to see the process unfold. As things approach the Supreme Court for review there will be more gab.

4 Comments:

Blogger The GTL™ said...

First off, I really appreciate the link... I will reciprocate it soon :-)

Secondly, your perspective is quite interesting on the subject. But, you should feel offended by the point of view because I did not say "all Republican women", and obviously, you would indeed be one of the exceptions to my prediction. In the end, who knows which one of us is right on this? We are just a couple of people voicing our thoughts, and that is what makes America beautiful :-)

Last but not least, I admire your loyalty to your ideology, and that is not to say Republican women in general do NOT share your loyalty to the conservative agenda. I would have just as easily predicted a split between Republicans on the U.A.E. ports deal if I'd have seen it coming.

In the end, we are all just people, and not all of us subscribe to the Democrat, or Republican talking points memos, and agree to agree on everything in the agenda, do we? I most certainly do not.

Again; thank you for the link and for thinking enough of my opinion to express your dissenting one. I really do appreciate it, Ma'am :-)

Blog ON!

1:50 PM  
Blogger The GTL™ said...

Oops; my apologies, Joshua... I couldn't be more embarrassed for getting your gender wrong! Please forgive my unfortunate mistake, Sir :-) Talk about embarrassing! I do hope you will forgive me.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to mention the fact that abortions when the mother's life is at stake would not be banned.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I haven't made a big deal about South Dakota's pro-life stand because I am pretty sure it won't fly past the Supreme Court. I hope it will, but I doubt it.

Anyway, the conservative Republican women I know, and there are several, are solidly pro-life.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Political Party Blogs


politics and

Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory

Powered by Blogger

Copyright 2007 ©. Politicalnut.com All Rights Reserved."