Contact

Blogs I Like

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Byrd Supports Alito

Robert Byrd (D) West Virginia will vote to affirm Judge Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court. This is according to an article by James Rowley at Bloomberg.

In a Senate floor speech Byrd stated "I refuse simply simply to toe the party line when it comes to Supreme Court justices. I hail from a conservative state. And, like a majority of my constituents, I prefer conservative judges.''

Whether or not these are the true feelings behind Senator Byrd's comments is up to debate, though I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt. They were made days after a West Virginia businessman, John Raese announced his candidacy against him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Political Party Blogs


politics and

Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory

Powered by Blogger

Copyright 2007 ©. Politicalnut.com All Rights Reserved."